Friday, January 14, 2011

I wish I had known...

...lots of things about food.

For example, I wish I had known making lentils is as easy and takes as much time as making pasta.  So many wasted nights making white carby goodness, when I could have so easily put on a pot of water and a cup of lentils instead.  Ready in twenty.

So my new favourite dish of the week is this awesome lentil salad.  Cook the lentils in veggie broth instead of water (ratio is 1:2 of lentils to water/broth), then mix in chopped lettuce, tomatoes, yellow pepper and feta cheese.  Then mix with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, basil, and parsely and you've got a nummy salad.  The broth and balsamic vinegar make the lentils super flavourful and creamy.

I'm on track to keep my weekly exercise goals for this week.  I'm going to weigh myself on Monday...not sure what to expect from two weeks ago.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on losing the 2 1/2 pounds!

    I just thought of something food related. Well, it's actually drink related.
    Make sure you're drinking a lot of water. Sometimes your body will think it's hungry when it's dehydrated so you'll end up eating way more.
    And ALWAYS pick water over anything else. Even diet pop, which has aspartame, can make you feel more hungry, which is definitely not the way to lose weight!

    Good job so far and good luck with the rest of it!!
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, absolutely. I've been pretty good about drinking tons for a couple years now, except when I was working with the kids and had to run around all day. But now I keep it on my desk and force myself to drink 4 bottles a day. It also helps keep you awake and is good for your skin, hair, and digestive tract.

    ReplyDelete